Sunday, November 28, 2010

Just Add Ink 45

When I was a kid I really enjoyed drawing and coloring.  To my young mind, there was pretty much nothing better than my big box of Crayola crayons.  I was very meticulous about my coloring too.  Absolutely no coloring outside the lines!

Well, fast forward a few years (too many to mention) and I still love coloring!  The problem is that I'm not as good at it as I was!!  I can't see what I'm doing all that well (I think I need better eye glasses) and I had a couple of cups of coffee before I started coloring this so my hand was not exactly steady!  But I persevered and used the Just Add Ink sketch challenge as my inspiration for this Christmas card.

For my card, I flipped the sketch and used the oh-so wonderful glass glitter to frame my stamped image.

Although I'm fairly certain I broke my own rule and colored outside the lines, I don't think my coloring is too horrible.  Hopefully, whoever gets this card will be so dazzled by the glitter they won't notice the shoddy coloring!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have time to stamp today!

5 comments:

Christine Blain said...

This is beautiful, Jen. I, too, could colour for hours when I was a kid; it's very therapeutic when we allow ourselves to do it, as adults (and we can be more forgiving of our 'inside the lines' rule!!).

Vicky Hayes said...

It all adds to the whimsical, vintage look Jen! And whoever gets this card will be bowled over because it's beautiful!

Unknown said...

this is gorgeous, love that stamp too,

AJ said...

Love this to bits. You've rocked the challenge, great job.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card and I agree with Amanda ..you rocked this challenge!