Thursday, November 25, 2010

ColourQ 60

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  I hope you all are enjoying a wonderful day with good food, family and friends.  Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday because it doesn't involve weeks and weeks of shopping for gifts for people and generally making yourself crazy!  It's all about spending time with those you are thankful for.

On Tuesday I saw this wonderful challenge at the ColourQ blog.  I thought these colors really looked great together.

So, being Thanksgiving and all I had to give it a try.  I went a little shabby on this card with the torn and inked-up edges.  I had seen a card in a recent issue of Stampin' Success that had this basic layout and when I sat down to put my card together, I thought a torn edge would be just the thing.

I keep saying that I'm done with the autumn inspired cards and that I'm making the transition to Christmas themed cards, but I keep finding these color challenges that I can't resist.  I can't help it!  I'm weak!

Anyway, thanks for stopping by and I hope that you are enjoying your holiday no matter how you choose to spend it!

3 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

I have a weakness for these colours too Jen! Those torn and inked edges and the speckles look fabulous!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful card, Jen! Color combo's are wonderful aren't they? Thanks for playing the colourQ challenge this week!

Christina said...

LOVE the distressing on this, Jen! The speckled bg and torn edges were made for each other! So glad you decided to do one more autumn-inspired color combo. Thanks for joining us at ColourQ this week!