Friday, November 5, 2010

Friday Mashup #17

About a week ago, I was chosen to be the Mashup Maven over at the Friday Mashup challenge blog for this card that I made.  I'm always humbled when a card I've made is chosen as noteworthy of some sort.  I've said it before and I'll probably say it again, but I find it very difficult to appreciate what I have created in an objective way.  So it's nice to be validated by others.  I'm sure you know what I mean.  We are invariabley our own worst critics.

So today, I get to be the guest designer on the Friday Mashup blog.  This week is a color challenge, and I've got to say, these colors are beyond fabulous.

I had some grandiose plans for showcasing these colors and made a couple of different cards before I settled on the one here.  I ended up using a layout that I had seen in the Stampin' Up! summer mini catalog.  I've switched up the colors and stamp sets from the one in the catty, but I've kept the layout intact.


And I've also got to say that I love the phrases in the stamp set I used here for the sentiment.  Very strong and inspirational in my humble opinion.

Thanks for stopping by, thanks to everyone at Friday Mashup, and I hope you have time to stamp today!

3 comments:

laurie said...

I love it!

Terry said...

This is a beautiful card, Jen! So glad you're the guest designer this week at Friday Mashup!

Terry

Vicky Hayes said...

Really like the jumbo eyelet detail and the layers in this card.