Tuesday, November 20, 2012

colourQ 164

I thought I could squeeze in one more leafy, Thanksgiving card before the post-Thanksgiving Christmas craziness sets in and I need to really shift my focus to Christmas.  Arielle's latest colourQ challenge had a couple of colors that were perfect for autumn and a couple of colors that had me wondering how I was going to fit them into my leafy card.



The More Mustard and Cajun Craze were a no-brainer for me, but the Bermuda Bay and Concord Grape had me scratching my head.  Since I had already decided that I was going to do leaves, and there was no convincing me to do something else, I couldn't come up with a way to use those colors gracefully on my leaves so I added them by creating some layers with Lap of Luxury and Welcome Neighbor DSP.  The leaves are from French Foliage and I stamped the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes on one of the flags from the Bitty Banners die.  My layout is from the latest reto sketches challenge.  



Only one more day before Thanksgiving in the U.S.  I'll be heading to my sister's where we will surely eat too much food.  Thanksgiving is actually one of my favorite holidays partly because the traditional foods we eat are some of my faves and partly because the holiday is a great excuse to get together with friends and family and not have to worry about things like shopping for gifts before-hand.  The perfect holiday!

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Allisa said...

Love the splash of purple! Great fall card!

Christy Lynn said...

I think you made the colors work beautifully with your leaves, this is gorgeous :)

Happy Dance said...

Awesome design and your use of the colors is just lovely. Very sweet.

stampwithsandy said...

Amazing use of these four bright colors! Great fall card.