Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches 63

This week Rita's sketch for Freshly Made Sketches seemed perfect to show off a snowflake wreath.  I like to make this at least once each season and what better time than now?



This wreath is actually pretty easy to make.  I take one of the snowflakes from Snow Flurries and stamp it randomly in a circle.  Easy peasy!  I hand drew some small circles with a Cherry Cobbler marker to look like berries and then added a small bow from Cherry Cobbler seam binding ribbon.  The banners behind the circle are from Jolly Holiday dsp.  At the last minute I added a sentiment from More Merry Messages that I stamped in gold ink.  It's not all that visible in the photo, but it's nice and shimmery in real life!

I think you'll agree that this classic sketch has got a lot of possibilities and I'm sure that the gallery this week will be full of amazing interpretations of it.  So head on over to Freshly Made Sketches for a little lot of inspiration from the design team, then get those stamps inky and join us!

10 comments:

Bev Gomez said...

OMG Jen, just looking for inspiration on my blog reader. I love your wreath and oh so clever.
Hugs, Bev

Linda Callahan said...

You are the ultimate Queen of Clean! This is crisp, sharp and fabulous!

Rita W said...

Love this, Jen! I don't think I've tried a snowflake wreath but it is awesome!

Tracey McNeely said...

What a beautiful card and you are inspiring me to try the same.

CASTOWNE said...

Great sketch that you made even better with your image and papers.

Jen Brum said...

Beautiful my friend! I really love love the look of that wreath against the red. It's so striking! I can't believe you made that wreath randomly....you amaze me!!!!

Bonnie said...

Beautiful stamping on this wreath. It is so perfectly shaped! Beautiful!

Linda Suarez said...

How clever! I love it! And so pretty! You knocked it outta the park with your snowflake wreath!

Cindy Hall said...

Gorgeous card, Jen! I love the colors and how "clean" it is!

Jen Timko said...

I always love this wreath (sadly mine don't look like this)!! And look at your bow...wonderful!! What a great card!