Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches 61

I can't believe it's Wednesday already and time for another fabulous sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  This week Jennifer Timko designed the sketch and I've been itching to make a card for it ever since I saw it ages ago.  Once I got down to business in my stamp room I knew exactly how I wanted this to look and exactly what stamp set I was going to use.  I love when that happens!




This gorgeous image is from Christmas Blessings.  I fussy cut it (including all those curlicue stems) and I'll admit I won't be doing that again soon!  But as hard as it was, I think the look is pretty fantastic and was worth all the trouble.  I was going to add a spot of ribbon at the bottom of the white layer but decided to add a simple line of paper piercing instead.  It keeps the focus on the image, I think.

So now all that's left is for you to hop on over to Freshly Made Sketches and check out what the design team has put together for you to see.  There are so many ideas to give you loads of inspiration.  Then ink up those stamps and join us!  We can't wait to see what you create!



12 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

A true classic Christmas! Beautiful!

Sherry Eckblad said...

I absolutely love your card and all that fussy cutting. It popped right off the page when I saw it on the blog with all the other wonderful DT cards.

Jen Timko said...

WOW!!! I envisioned watercoloring with this layout when I first came up with it but you have taken that to a whole new level!! This flower is perfection, Jen!

CASTOWNE said...

The fussy cutting was worth it...this is beautiful. Great take on the design.

Jen Sannes said...

Jen, this is so crisp and fresh! I love your color combination and those little pearls are lovely. Christmas perfection!

Jen Brum said...

This is so incredible! Your colouring is just amazing! Wow! I love the colours and those pearls...I think it would look beautiful on my mantle!!!!

Jacqueline said...

This is stunning - I have this set and have not thought about cutting it out - yours looks like it has been die cut- it's so professional - Jacqueline xx

Linda Suarez said...

Hi Jen! All the fussy cutting was definitely worth it. Your card is beautiful - love the floral image!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a gorgeous sketch and I love your placement of the fussy cut poinsettia.

Tui Nathan said...

Wow .... classicly beautiful ... love those florals and yep, that fussy cutting was so worth it!!! Gorgeous ,...

Cindy Hall said...

I agree with the others... this is a classic beauty! So crisp and clean, and I'm just lovin' red and crumb cake this season!

Rita W said...

Gorgeous coloring on those flowers. The clean design really allows them to shine!