Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches 362

Well here we are at another sketch challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  This week our sketch is designed by Linda and I've got a story to tell about that!



Linda and I were lucky enough to go to an all-day stamping workshop (Creative Journey hosted by Jenn Shurkus) last Sunday in Hyannis, Massachusetts where we made about a dozen cards.  Now, I normally make my FMS challenge card on Sunday and knew that I most likely would not feel like getting crafty once I got home.  We wondered if one of the cards we made at the workshop might, by some strange miracle, match the current sketch.  Well lo and behold one of them did!  Linda's sketch this week was a dead ringer for one of the cards we made!

This card was made by creating our own colorful background with alcohol inks onto Yupo paper.  Once it dried we inked up the wreath stamp with an Alcohol Lift pad and pressed it onto our background.  Then we stamped the wreath onto white cardstock and it gave us this colorful effect.  It's very cool looking in real life!

Well that's it for me!  As usual our Freshly Made Sketches design team has made some beauties this week so be sure to check them out!  I hope we'll see you in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps: Yultide, Festive Overlay, Music & Advert (Tim Holtz)
Paper:  Noble Fir (Lawn Fawn); Solar White (Neenah); Yupo (Ranger)
Ink:  Lettuce, Meadow, Bottle (Distress Alcohol Ink); Onyx Black (Versfine); Alcohol Life Ink (Ranger)
Accessories:  Cross Stitched Rectangles die (Lawn Fawn); Rock Candy Glitter (Distress)

5 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

This card is definitely one of my faves of the day! Those alcohol inks made me feel so artsy! It was such a fun day.....glad we both got in the same day!

Lisa Elton said...

Well fancy that, I'm so glad it worked out that this gorgeous card fit the sketch! I was in the cutest stamp store in Hyannis back in 2009. I often wonder if it's still open with all of the brick and mortar stores sadly closing. I'll bet you girls had a fabulous time at the workshop!

Jen Brum said...

Oh wow! This is such a gorgeous card Jen! I just love that wreath and the green background! So pretty! I also love that your card says Boston at the bottom!!! Hope you and Linda had fun together! We totally need a team card making event somewhere!

Karren said...

This is gorgeous! The alcohol inks and alcohol lift ink create such a unique look. And oh how I wish I was at that retreat with you and Linda. Would have been a great day!

Kim S said...

Gorgeous!! So much detail and still so subtle and fresh!