Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Freshly Made Sketches 365

This week our new challenge at Freshly Made Sketches immediately put me in mind of some patterned paper.  Jen Brum is our hostess this week and she had Christmas on her mind when she designed the sketch so I was more than happy to oblige - and add to my stash!



I had decided early on that I wanted the focal point of this card to be a poinsettia so I dug through my extensive stash of patterned paper to find something complementary to one.  I ended up with these two patterns - some gold stripes and a vintage looking music sheet.  I love how this turned out!  This particular die is one of my favorite poinsettia ones (yes, I own more than one)!

My Freshly Made Sketches teamies have made some fantastic cards with this sketch so check them out!  And then join us in the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps: Tis the Season (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Classic Ivory (Flourishes); Cherry, Jungle (Avery Elle); Brushed Gold (Stampin' Up!); Snow Village (Pink Paislee); glitter paper (Recollections)
Ink:  Nocturne (Versafine Clair)
Accessories:  Blooming Poinsettias die (Memory Box)

7 comments:

JoAnn said...

Beautiful Christmas card. I love the papers and the pretty poinsettia.

Lisa Elton said...

I like the sheet music with this fabulous poinsettia! Pretty card Jen!

Linda Callahan said...

That flower is gorgeous! The papers you used set it off perfectly!

Jen Brum said...

Oh Jen! This card is so pretty! I just love that gorgeous poinsettia! I think I need that die! Love the background papers you've chosen as well! Just beautiful!!!

Amy O said...

I love the embossing on these dies. And your choice of dsp patterns is perfect. Love this, Jen!

Karren said...

Love that big poinsettis and the patterned papers frame it perfectly! Gorgeous card!

Narelle Farrugia said...

What a perfect festive card - perfect DSPs, perfect balanced placement of the sentiment and perfect poinsettia! LOVE this card!