Thursday, June 20, 2019

CAS(E) This Sketch 327

Sometimes, out of the blue, I am inspired to make a Christmas card.  This is a good thing because if the mood doesn't strike me at random moments throughout the year I'm scrambling come November to make a whole bunch at once!  Luckily our newest sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch this week inspired one!



The colors for my card come from the latest challenge at Sunday Stamps.  Despite the fact that the challenge is called "summer adventure" Those screamed "Christmas" to me so I grabbed my new favorite poinsettia die and got to work assembling those colors into a Christmas card.  To add a bit of texture I used some burlap twine behind the poinsettia.


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you get a chance to play along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch!

Supplies
Stamps:  Tiny Words Christmas (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Fine Linen (Papertrey Ink); Baja Breeze, Night of Navy, Vellum, Twitterpated DSP (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Night of Navy (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories:  Layered Poinsettia die (Penny Black); linen thread, enamel dot (My Mind's Eye)

6 comments:

JoAnn said...

What a lovely Christmas card with that color combo. Love the pop of red with the enamel dot in the center of the pretty white poinsettia. TFS

Lisa Elton said...

I like it when you use that poinsettia. You've made me smile again seeing it on this pretty card!

Heather said...

Oh Jen, this is SO lovely - so elegant and refined. A beautiful take on our colors and the sketch - love that vellum flower! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

stampwithamyk said...

Simply stunning! I love your flower, perfect way to use those colors! Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Melissa Grant said...

Lovely simple CASE design...you incorporated our colors nicely! Thanks for sharing with us at SUNDAY STAMPS!:)

Lisa said...

I love that you used the colors to make a Christmas card!! Beautiful poinsettia!

Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!