Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches 391

Sometimes I forget to actually hit "publish" when I do these blog posts!  😬So without further ado my card for the latest Freshly Made Sketches challenge follows.

We've got a great new challenge for you at Freshly Made Sketches.  Our hostess this week is our resident color-master Amy.  I love this sketch!



It seems weird to think about making sympathy cards but I do like to have some on hand when the time comes that I need one.  Amy's sketch gave me the perfect design.  I used the colors from the latest FabFriday challenge, although I will admit that my Soft Seafoam is a stretch.  I didn't have any colors that were terribly close to the right one so I chose the best one that I had.  I'll completely understand if they throw me out of their gallery!  Obviously I need to go shopping to fill this gap in my cardstock collection! 


Thanks for stopping by!  My Freshly Made Sketches teammates have made some terrific cards to inspire you.  I hope you'll join us in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Botanical Silhouettes (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Aqua Mist (Papertrey Ink); Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White (Stampin' Upp!)
Ink:  Pear Pizzazz, Regal Rose (Stampin' Up!); Nocturne (Versafine Clair)
Accessories:  Stitched Rectangle die (My Favorite Things); Subtle 3D embossing folder (Stampin' Up!)

11 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is a lovely sympathy card Jen!

Linda Callahan said...

Love those bright flowers with the blue backdrop - pretty card!

Heather said...

Wow, this is gorgeous, Jen - love those pretty stems, such a sweet sympathy card. I won't sue you over the Sea Foam, lol! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Jacquie Southas said...

Just beautiful, Jen! Perfect use of the colors. I hate making a sympathy card under pressure and usually keep a few on hand.

Judy Rozema said...

I really love this. The colors are beautiful together, and the flowers are my favorites!

Amy O said...

Sympathy cards are always so hard, but this one strikes the perfect balance -- not too cheery but not dull, and with a pretty, serene image. I love it!

Jen Brum said...

Oh wow Jen! This card is gorgeous! I just love those poppies! They are so pretty and work perfectly for this sympathy card!

Karren said...

I love that gorgeous central image you've used - it is such a delicate look. Beautiful sympathy card!

Jen Timko said...

This really pretty! The flowers are lovely and that sentiment is perfect with them. Your colors are wonderful...always love this combination.

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Beautiful card, Jen. I love your graphic type style, even when you are doing florals. Yes, it is hard to make sympathy cards, but I have a significant stash of them (Maybe it is because I am old, lol) and it seems they are frequently needed.

Kim S said...

I have that set and had forgotten all about it. I love the way you've used it to fill in that panel. The colors are wonderful!