Thursday, December 5, 2019

CAS(E) This Sketch 350

Hello!  We've got a great new sketch for you this week at CAS(E) This Sketch.  That big layer inspired me to dig into my never-ending stash of patterned paper and put together a fun card with some color and sparkle.



I've had this patterned paper for ages and very rarely use it (I think I have a hoarding problem)!  It's got a retro-modern vibe to it that I like so I took this sketch and rounded some of the edges, which to my eye gives it more of a retro feel, and used the patterned paper as a focal point.  I die-cut this fantastic "joy" sentiment from silver glimmer paper and attached it at a jaunty angle!  A slim Christmas sentiment stamped on white finished the look.

It's also the last challenge of the year at Just Us Girls so I wanted to play along.  The theme is "anything goes" so my card fits!  😉


Thanks for stopping by!  My fellow CAS(E) This Sketch teammates have made some great cards with this sketch so be sure to check them out.  I hope you'll join us in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Joy Stamp (The Stamp Market)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); silver glimmer (Recollections); Holiday Lounge DSP (Stampin' Up)
Ink: Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Joy die (The Stamp Market); Stitched Rounded Rectangle die (My Favorite Things)

3 comments:

LeAnne said...

Love it when we can use up some of that stash, right?! The "joy" really pops out on your card...perfect for the sketch! Thanks for having me as a GD this week, too!

Nora Noll said...

WOW!! This is amazing!! I LOVE that you used patterned paper for this!!

Lisa Elton said...

That little bit of sparkle on your CAS card is festive and fabulous!