Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches 415

We are two weeks away from Christmas and I am officially done with my Christmas cards (finally)!  They are all in the mail - signed, sealed, and delivered!  So this card, made for the latest challenge at Freshly Made Sketches designed by Narelle, is the first one I made for my 2020 stash!  Woo hoo!  I don't think I've ever been this far ahead!

I took those two, thin vertical layers and turned them into triangular trees using the colors at TGIF Challenges.  And speaking of trees, that's what they are looking for at Addicted to CAS.


I love to take a traditional cue like "tree" and give it a modern take with some triangles.  And if I can add a bit of sparkle I like it all the more!  One of my triangular trees is a pretty silver glimmer and the other is a light shade of blue.  For some extra interest I added some silver stickles. 

Thanks for stopping by!  My fellow Freshly Made Sketches teammates have made some fantastic cards with this sketch so be sure to check them out!

Supplies
Stamps:  December Typed Words (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Bashful Blue (Stampin' Up!); silver glimmer (Recollections)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Modern Christmas die (Clearly Besotted Stamps); Silver Pearl Stickles

10 comments:

Eva Bussom said...

Fabulous card... love the trees

Lisa Elton said...

Wonderful CAS card Jen!

Judy Rozema said...

Really pretty - I love that periwinkle shade and the sparkle on the other one!

Jen Brum said...

Your 2020 cards?! Really?!!!! I do love this card though!!! Those trees are so pretty! Love the sparkle!!! Maybe I need to take some organizational lessons from you!!!

Jaydee said...

Jen, what a fabulous take on the sketch! I love the soft blue, silver and white. Another fabulous Jen CAS creation
So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
hugs
jaydee

Karen said...

I love the simplicity and elegance of this! I think it would make a beautiful gift tag too ~

Vicky Hayes said...

I love the colours and texture of your stylised trees Jen and I especially love that you are continuing to make Christmas cards for next year! Why didn't I think of that?!!! Vicky x

Lee Ann Barrett said...

You make everything you do look so easy, Jen! The sparkle and the colors give this simple card so much punch!

Narelle Farrugia said...

2020 stash? You are amazing and so organised! Your 2020 card is just gorgeous!

Bobby said...

I love the modern graphic look of your card , Jen. Thanks for sharing it with us at Addicted to CAS.