Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches 416

It's our last challenge of the year at Freshly Made Sketches and I wanted my card to NOT be a Christmas card!  I've been making nothing but Christmas cards for the last few weeks and I welcomed the opportunity that Amy's sketch gave me to make something completely different!


I went with a bit of a modern theme with my card.  That wide open space on the sketch was perfect for these sketchy rings that have a mod vibe.  I used a favorite color combo of kraft, black and white and added a simple sentiment strip.  Easy peasy!

Thanks for stopping by!  This is our last challenge of 2019 for Freshly Made Sketches.  Our linky tool will stay open until January 6th so you've got plenty of time to play along with us over the next few weeks.  We'll be back on January 8th with a brand new sketch!

Supplies
Stamps:  Simple Sentiments (Avery Elle)
Paper:  Desert Storm, Solar White (Neenah); Black Licorice (My Favorite Things); Crushed Curry (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Sketchy Rings die (Memory Box); Stitched Rectangle die (My Favorite Things)

10 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

I love your artsy card! Such a fresh design! I am ready to move on to other types of cards too, but still have a couple of Christmas to make!

Lisa Elton said...

This is modern, funky and fun Jen! Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fun card Jen! I love those sketchy rings (I also totally love the name of that die!!!). The yellow is so cheery looking! Makes for a great thank you card!

Linda Callahan said...

Love your modern art!

Kim S said...

What a great combination! The wonky circles on the wonky panels is just perfect!

A.Rose said...

This looks like OP art! Love it!

Amy O said...

Modern art with wonky panels -- they just go together! Love this refreshing little piece of art. Wishing you a happy new year, Jen!

Jen Timko said...

Love this fun card! Nice change from all our holiday-a-palooza! Happy new year!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! This is stunning and so artsy, Jen! You made an amazing job with this inlaid die cut. Wishing you a happy year 2020.

Lee Ann Barrett said...

I'll say different! But good different, not bad! I love the colors- your rings totally pop in that yellow. I love your fun card!