Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches 421

Hello everyone!  Today we've got a brand new sketch for you at Freshly Made Sketches!  I'm the hostess and although I think the sketch is quite classic, when it came time for me to make my card I had some trouble with it!



It's a strange phenomenon that the sketch designer has the most trouble with her own sketch!  I actually went through a couple of iterations when I sat at my desk to make my card - none of which I was happy with.  Then at the last minute I remembered that when I'm having the most trouble I can always rely on a poinsettia to solve my problems!  So I stamped a grid background stamp to represent the square element of the sketch then added my favorite poinsettia die cut in classic red as the circle.  To add a little extra interest I put a bit of gold cord behind the poinsettia.  It's early in the year but it's always good to add a Christmas card to my 2020 stash!

Thanks for stopping by!  My fellow Freshly Made Sketches teammates have made wonderful cards with my humble sketch so be sure to check them out!  I hope we'll see you in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamp:  Off the Grid (Stampin' Up!); Sentiment Staples Christmas (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Desert Storm (Neenah); Real Red (Stampin' Up!); gold glimmer (Recollections)
Ink:  Early Espresso (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories:   Layered Poinsettia die (Penny Black); gold cord (Stampin' Up!)

9 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Jen, I love that grid pattern - with such a fabulous start, how could a girl go wrong? But this pretty Poinsettia was oh so right! [as is getting a head-start on Christmas cards!]
=]

Jen Brum said...

I love this card Jen but totally understand getting stumped with your own sketch!! I do believe you're correct when you say the poinsettia solves all problems!! I need to get me that flower!!! Love it and love the gold cord peeking out! Thanks for a great sketch this week!

Lisa Elton said...

This is fabulous, love the grid pattern! I always love seeing what you do with the sketches Jen, you never disappoint!

Judy Rozema said...

It's so true. I can never come up with something for my sketches either! This is so classy and contemporary too - with that grid. Love it!

Linda Callahan said...

I love the sketch but I hear ya when it is your own! Your card is lovely!

Nora Noll said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the thread behind that gorgeous poinsettia!! GREAT design.

Vicky Hayes said...

Your own sketch or not, I find there are days when nothing in your head transfers to card stock! But look at your finished result - absolute poinsettia perfection! And a head start on Christmas 2020 to boot! Vicky x

Jen Timko said...

Always stumped by my own sketch. Makes me feel a bit better when it happens to others, lol. In the end, this is perfectly and classically YOU. I love it!!

Kim S said...

I love what you came up with! The grid background is a great background for the rich red poinsettia!