Thursday, January 30, 2020

CAS(E) This Sketch 357

It's time for a new challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch and I had a lot of fun with this one.  Our sketch this week is designed by Brian.



I used varying shades of yellow cardstock to create my ombre style background.  Then instead of using a circle I die cut a fun splatter out of the center.   I added another splatter back in to the negative space cut in a pale gray.  A simple dragonfly in a darker gray with some vellum makes a focal point.  I came across a new-to-me challenge called Allsorts and their challenge this week is "take flight."  Hello dragonfly!

Thanks for stopping by!  We've got a great new challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch and our design team has some great cards to inspire you to play along!

Supplies
Stamps:  Simple Sentiments (Avery Elle)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Lemon Tart, Harvest Gold, Soft Stone (Papertrey Ink); Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray (Stampin' Up!); vellum (Grafix)
Ink:  Jet Black (Altenew)
Accessories:  Libellules die (4enscrap); Scribbles & Splat die (Tim Holtz)

11 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Awesome looking!!

Bobby said...

That splat die really caught my attention, Jen. I love the gray and yellow combination and the dragonfly die is superb.

Unknown said...

I love this card! So creative!!! Thank you for your inspiration!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Jen, these dies are just perfect for this sketch...very cool! I always love your clean designs :) !!!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, that big ol' splat is fun! What a great take on the sketch Jen!

Cat Craig said...

my favorite colors together in a simple awesome card. Love. This. Card.

brenda said...

A very striking CAS creation, many thanks for sharing and joining in our 'Take Flight' theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Mervi said...

Gorgeous card.
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts 💗 m

Being Mrs Miles said...

What a crazy cool die cut! So pretty cheerful colors!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! Another amazing CAS card, Jen! I love that dragonfly over the die-cut splotch.

Marlena M. said...

This is so fresh and unexpected! LOVE!