Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches 484

We've got a great new challenge for you at Freshly Made Sketches!  This week our hostess is Amy and her sketch got me thinking about negative space.  Take a look!



Using the colors from Crazy 4 Challenges I stamped the leaves on  two pieces of cardstock then cut out a square from one of those with the intention of layering it over the other.  The negative space it created became the square on the sketch.  I added a slim sentiment I was done!

Thanks for stopping by! My friends at Freshly Made Sketches have made some amazing cards with this sketch so be sure to check them out!

Supplies
Stamps:  Dot Botanicals (Altenew); Tons of Type (The  Stamp Market)
Paper:  Night of Navy, Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Bamboo (Altenew); Tempting Turquoise, Night of Navy (Stampin' Up!)

7 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Genius! I love the negative space idea! Beautiful!

Lisa Elton said...

That dotty leaf is so pretty! Great card, Jen!

Karren said...

This card made my jaw drop! So crisp, clean and stunningly beautiful! Negative space is one of my favourite techniques and you have used it to perfection here.

Amy O said...

I love how we can look at the same sketch and see it so differently! The negative space never occurred to me and it is brilliant! Love what you've done here!

Vicky Hayes said...

This is such a clever take on the sketch Jen. I love the way you raised the 'frame' rather than the square but my favourite part of the whole card is that tiny tip of navy to the sentiment, echoing the half matting. Genius! Vicky x

Jen Brum said...

Oh this is so fabulous Jen! I love how you've stamped that image and I love the blue paper peeking out! So elegant! Love it!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a gorgeous and so creative take on the sketch! That negative square is a brilliant idea!