Thursday, May 13, 2021

Fusion - Thank You

One thing I love about the Fusion challenge is the option to choose either the sketch or the inspiration.  And if you're feeling especially adventurous you can combine the two and create...wait for it...FUSION!  But sometimes my brain is not firing on all cylinders and all I can come up with is just one of them.  This week it's the sketch!



I love this gingham paper and don't use it nearly enough as I should.  So the color challenge at The Paper Players gave me the perfect opportunity to use it layered with a red slim layer a-la the sketch.  The flower was cut out of some ancient DSP in my stash and I used an equally ancient corduroy button for the center of the flower.  (It gives me great joy to use up old supplies that are languishing in my craft room)!  I took a risk stamping the sentiment on that gingham layer.  I stamped on my stamp-a-ma-jig first and it looked like it would show up ok against the pattern but in reality it looks a little lost.  But it's still pretty!


Thanks for stopping by!  We've got a lot of great inspiration for you at Fusion so be sure to check it out!

Supplies
Stamps:  Easy Expressions Thanks (The Ton)
Paper:  Smoky Slate, Real Red, Prints Pack DSP (Stampin' Up!); True Black Gingham (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Plentiful Petals die (My Favorite Things): corduroy button (Stampin' Up!)

7 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

That flower is great - fun to see the corduroy button! I just might have a few of them hanging around!

Lisa Elton said...

I'm diggin' that big bloom! Terrific card, Jen!

LeAnne said...

Love love LOVE this...the gingham and that big red flower are a perfect pair! Thanks for playing with our color combo this week!

Debbie Crowley said...

Love this CAS beauty, Jen. You used the colors so beautifully! Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players this week.

Kim S said...

I absolutely love the pop of red - with the dimension and the patterned details on the simple strip of gingham. SO eye-catching!!

Ida said...

Really nice card. The color scheme is great and I like the dimensional flower.

Barb Ghig said...

Another really pretty card, Jen! I love your bloom and how you stamped the sentiment on the gingham paper...such a clever idea!