Wednesday, May 12, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches 485

I'm very happy that I made another Christmas card for my stash this year!  And the design for my card was inspired by our latest sketch challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  This week Judy is our hostess and I couldn't resist flipping her sketch. 😉



I was looking through my stash of cards the other day and came across a couple of "slimline" cards that I made many years ago.  I'm sure I made them for a sketch challenge or something and at the time I made them I remember thinking that they were extra special because of their unexpected size and they are still in my stash today because they fit the category of "too pretty to give away!"  And here we are years later and all of a sudden slimline cards are all the rage and I find myself making them often.  It's funny how trends come and go isn't it?  

Anyway, for this card I filled up the background with a cover die in a mistletoe design and die cut the "holiday" sentiment out of red glitter paper - that's the banner on the sketch, mind you.  At the last minute I added a few red berries cut out of the same glitter paper and scattered them around the mistletoe.

Thanks for stopping by!  My Freshly Made Sketches teammates have made some gorgeous cards with this sketch so be sure to check them out!

Supplies
Stamps:  Tiny Words Christmas (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Green Parakeet (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Mistletoe die (Honeybee Stamps); Wonderful Words Holiday die (Papertrey Ink)

6 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Your holiday card is perfect - flipped and slimmed! I am always jealous that you get a head start for Christmas and I talk a good story but never do it!

Lisa Elton said...

This is fabulous Jen, love the sparkle! I think I have three Christmas cards in my stash and I made them last year ~ yikes!!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the way you used the sketch, Jen! Fabulous card.

Kim S said...

I love how you were inspired by the banner!! Such a festive looking sentiment with that gorgeous background die!

Jen Brum said...

This holiday card is so pretty! I love the bright green leaves and then that sparkly red sentiment! So beautiful!

Karren said...

Well, this is the cleverest take on the sketch! Such a gorgeous card!