Wednesday, May 26, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches 487

It's been a busy week around here but at the last minute I managed to squeak in my card for our newest challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  Our hostess this week is Jen Timko and she's given us my new favorite kind of design - a slimline!



I will say that I don't love photographing these cards!  But I do love that big blank canvas on the sketch.  I decided to keep it really clean and simple and just added some white daisies and a simple script sentiment.  I colored the leaves with a Copic marker that just happens to be a nearly exact match for the green layer.  Serendipity!  BTW, the daisy idea came from the challenge at Just Us Girls.


Thanks for stopping by!  The weather is crazy around here - 90 degrees one day and 60 the next and no rain in sight.  Today we're on tap for another 90-degree day, which I'm totally okay with!  Bring on summer, I say!

As you would expect my fellow Freshly Made Sketches teammates have made some beauties with this sketch so check them out.

Supplies
Stamps:  Scripty Sayings (Gina K Designs)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Call Me Clover (Stampin' Up!); Xpress It Blending Card
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine); Copics
Accessories:  Upsy Daisy die (My Favorite Things)

9 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Oh I struggle with the photography as well! your daisies are sweet and I love sentiment with its bit of script!

Ina G said...

Beautiful slimline card Jen. Lovely take on our photo challenge at JUGS - so CAS with all that lovely white space. Thanks so much for sharing it with us this week.

Nora Noll said...

This is BREATHTAKING!!! I love the simplicity of this card!!

Lisa Elton said...

Those daisies... what a pretty card!!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow, Jen! What an amazing design! I love all that white space and these beautiful daisies! . Thanks so much for sharing with us at Just Us girls this week.

Jen Brum said...

This card is so stunning Jen! I just love those daisies and the little pops of green! So beautiful!

Karren said...

So crisp and clean with so much beautiful white space! All-round gorgeous card!

Jen Timko said...

Your clean space is so fresh and modern on this slimline. I love this class Jen style so much!

Jacquie Southas said...

The beautiful daisies flow into the lovely sentiment so perfectly!