Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches 507

Hi friends!  My thoughts turned to Christmas for our latest challenge at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess is Judy and the circles on the sketch got me thinking about one of my favorite Christmas images.  Take a look!



I do love my poinsettias!  I used a neutral background for my poinsettias, inspired by the color challenge at Christmas Card Throwdown.  I embossed the top layer with a bit of texture because...well...everything looks good with texture!  I layered a few banner die cuts and stamped a tiny sentiment tucked around one of the poinsettias.  Ta da!  Done!


I'm so happy to add to my Christmas card stash.  We're almost at the middle of October and December will be here before we know it so I've got to think about my card supply!

Thanks for stopping by!  Please check out our challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  I hope you can play along with us!

Supplies
Stamps:  Holiday Gnomes (Reverse Confetti)
Paper:  Desert Storm (Neenah); Truffle (Avery Elle); Whisper White, Real Red (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Truffle (Avery Elle)
Accessories:  Subtle Dynamic embossing folder (Stampin' Up!); Layered Poinsettia die (Penny Black); Stitched Rectangle STAX, Slanted Sentiment Strips die (My Favorite Things); Autumn Harvest sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)

10 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the color palette, Jen! Beautiful poinsettias - we were on the same creative wavelength this week.

Lisa Elton said...

You rocked the sketch, Jen fabulous card!

Linda Callahan said...

Yep this sketch was made for you! So pretty!

Lucinda said...

Lovely card, simple yet exquisite. The poinsettia are perfect for the colour scheme and sketch. Thanks for playing along with us at 52CCT this week.

Jen Brum said...

This is such a pretty card! I love the poinsettias! They look so beautiful and perfect for Christmas! You'll have your Christmas cards done in no time at all!!!

Karren said...

Beautiful and so very elegant! The embossing adds such a subtle but classy look.

Jen Timko said...

Those flowers are perfect for the sketch. Just a gorgeous card!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Oh I love this! The kraft background combined with brown and red are a striking combo!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow! This is such a classy Christmas card! I love the elegant mix of grey and red and the fabulous dimension of the poinsettias.

Judy Rozema said...

Such an elegant and classy card. I love the colors you chose!