Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches 506

I decided to dig into my Halloween stash for my Freshly Made Sketches card this week.  Our hostess this week is Amy and her sketch put many ideas into my head!



The challenge at The Paper Players was a moody-spooky Halloween board which put me in mind of this skull stamp that's been in my stash for ages.  I embossed the image with silver embossing powder and added a few touches of silver cardstock on the card to break up the more somber blacks and blues that I also used.  I was going to add a Halloween sentiment on the bottom black layer but changed my mind at the last minute because I was going to have to heat-emboss it so that it showed up but since I had already assembled and glued the diagonal layers I was afraid I'd get stray embossing powder everywhere.  I should have embossed first and then assembled the layers!  And they've also got a Halloween challenge at Just Us Girls so I'm playing along there as well.



Thanks for stopping by!  My fellow Freshly Made Sketches teammates have made some fabulous cards with this sketch so be sure to check them out!

Supplies
Stamps:  From the Crypt (Stampin' Up!)
Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Night of Navy (Stampin' Up!); foil paper (Recollections); Watercolor Wash Brights (My Favorite Things)
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  Petite Scallop Circles Small die, Standard Circles Small die, Standard Circles Large die (Spellbinders); Dotted Borders die (Avery Elle); silver embossing powder

12 comments:

Amy O said...

I love the blues and embossed silver on this spooky card! And I know what you mean about being hesitant to emboss finished projects because of the threat of stray embossing powder -- done that! Cute card, Jen!

Lisa Elton said...

This is spooktacular, Jen!

Celeste Goff said...

Such a cool card! I love that skull!

ElizStewart said...

Jen... the old SU skull is just creepy! The card is perfect. And I do get your comment about stray embossing powder. I had that issue this morning... I am most certainly NOT KWerner. I just don't know how she does it! Thank you so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh that skull! So perfect for Halloween! Love it!

Amanda Mertz said...

Love this spooky mood! The background paper makes me think of a thick foggy night which works perfectly with that skull image! You might need a warning on the envelope lol! Thanks for sharing at The Paper Players!

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh, Jen! How I love seeing this old Stampin' Up! skull again! It is definitely spooky, and looks fabulous with this sketch. The dark diagonals contrast beautifully with the background paper. Thank you so much for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fun card Jen! I love the skull with all those shades of blue! So fabulous! Perfect for Halloween!

Celeste Goff said...

I love this cool skull card!!

Ida said...

Spooktacular! - Love your image (I know that company well) as I have several in my stash.

Karren said...

I've got this stamp set somewhere (in one of many plastic crates in my garage, I think!). I very rarely make Halloween cards but had to have this set when it came out. I love that you've used it to make this fabulous card.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Awesome card with a fabulous combination of colours for Halloween!