Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches 522

Hi stamping friends!  We've got a great new sketch for you at Freshly Made Sketches.  This week our hostess is Kim and she's given us a perfectly classic sketch that has so many possibilities.  Here's what I did with it!



There are lots of valentine challenges around so I was inspired to combine my Freshly Made Sketches card with a few of them.  Instead of a square and circle as per the sketch I opted for a couple of hearts.  The bigger one I stamped with a script background stamp to differentiate it from the smaller one since they were the same color.  I then added a label-style sentiment in contrasting black.  Here are all the other challenges that helped to inspire this card:  Cupcake Inspiration, Color Hues, and Addicted to CAS.




Thanks for stopping by!  My Freshly Made Sketches teammates have made some fantastic cards with this sketch so be sure to check them out!  I hope you'll join us in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Script (Indigo Blu); Label Love (Altenew)
Paper:  Whisper White, Real Red, Basic Black (Stampin' Up!); All My Heart (Elle's Studio)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Linen & Canvas impression plate (Papertrey Ink)

12 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet Valentine! The hearts are perfect for the sketch!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a sweet card! I love those giant hearts and that cute little sentiment! So perfect for Valentine's Day!

Lisa Elton said...

Cute take on the sketch! Your valentine is wonderful!

Kim S said...

I love your hearts - especially with the script detail and the pattern in the background!

Karen said...

Love your scripted hearts and the xoxo band behind them! The label sentiment is just perfect! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

sue t. said...

Gotta love a CAS card! Yours is so elegant! Thanks for sharing your heart with us at Cupcake Inspirations!

Nancy said...

Jen, Such a great job with the colors and I especially like the script heart and the band in the background! Was tickled to see you playing along at Color Hues! Enjoy your day!

Judy Rozema said...

What an elegant valentine! I love it.

Hannelie said...

Two hearts in perfect harmony making our challenge colors shine!
Thanks for playing at Color Hues!

Nora Noll said...

This is so cute!! I am loving those hearts and the little xoxo border! Thanks for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

Nora
DT Member
CIC

Quillish said...

What a sweet card. Love the subtle text on the heart and the pop of red. Thank you for joining us at Cupcake inspirations. Hugs ~ Ishani

Karren said...

This is a fabulous take on the sketch! The two hearts are such a wonderful look!