Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches 524

We've got a great new challenge for you at Freshly Made Sketches.  Our hostess this week is Cécile and she's given us one of those sketches that makes me want to think outside the box!



I got the idea to make this a one layer card and opted to use the colors at Sunday Stamps.  For the square shape I stamped a background in a watercolor style then overlaid it with the leafy image in a dark brown.  To mimic the chevrons in the sketch I used wee staples.  They are a bit crooked and not well spaced -- but that's what you get with a handmade card!  It adds to the charm, right?



Thanks for stopping by!  My Freshly Made Sketches teammates have made some gorgeous cards to inspire you to play along with us, so be sure to check them out!

Supplies
Stamps:  Distress Patterns (My Favorite Things); Faith in Nature (Stampin' Up!)
Paper:  Whisper White
Ink:  Baja Breeze, Marina Mist (Stampin' Up!); Fallen Leaves (VersaFine Clair)

12 comments:

Cécile RIBON said...

What a fabulous one-layer card, Jen! I totally love this artsy and super creative take on the sketch!

Linda Callahan said...

I love when you get all spattery! sweet card!

Amy O said...

I think you win the creativity award this week with the staples! Such a fun card!

Michelle said...

Absolutely LOVE this!!

Lisa Elton said...

Cute CAS card, Jen!

Heather said...

So delicate and lovely, Jen - LOVE the spatters for that perfect stem! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Kim S said...

I love all of the detail on a card that - on the surface - is beautifully CAS!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the splash of color and great texture from the staples!

Judy Rozema said...

I love your artsy card. That background is fabulous! I always want to put staples in my card when I see them, and then I forget. Love it!

Stef Perry said...

A clean and simple beauty Jen! I love the sweet, tiny leaf and your use of staples for the edge design elements. I'm with you - if they're a wee bit off, that's part of the deal being "handmade", right? Thanks so much for joining us at Sunday Stamps!

stampwithamyk said...

Just beautiful! Love the clean design. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Karren said...

Gorgeously artsy card! Such a clever way to use the sketch!