Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Freshly Made Sketches 548

Hi friends!  Our latest sketch challenge from Freshly Made Sketches features a straight, vertical layer.  That got me thinking about a stamp set featuring a line of butterflies.  Butterflies seem to abound lately in some of my favorite challenges so I decided to combine my Freshly Made Sketches card with a couple of them.  Our sketch this week is brought to you by Jacquie.  I love her minimalist design.




I wanted to do something simple with my card so I stamped the line of butterflies in a fun color then added a "layer" by drawing a vertical line down the card, being careful to go around the butterflies.  It's a one layer card and so much fun!  There are butterfly challenges at Just Us Girls as well as Less Is More so I'm adding my card to those challenges too!



Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you'll play along with our Freshly Made Sketches challenge!  Our design team will surely inspire you so check out their cards.

Supplies
Stamps:  Butterflies and Moths (Tim Holtz); Tiny Words (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Simply Chartreuse (Papertrey Ink); Onyx Black (Versafine); Copic Multiliner

9 comments:

Lynne said...

Super design Jen and a lovely colour to use. Thank you for sharing with us at Less is More.

Lisa Elton said...

This is a wonderful CAS card, Jen and so pretty! Glad to have you joining us at Just Us Girls!

Helen said...

A beautiful elegant card Jen. Love the simple design and use of colour. Thanks so much for sharing at LIM Challenge. Have a good day. :)

Ida said...

Very nice card. I really like how you added the border down the butterflies for the strip portion of the sketch.

Nora Noll said...

This is simply lovely!! Love the stamps you used and where you put the sentiment!!

Jacquie Southas said...

Simply perfect, Jen! I love the vertical lines you added to create the panel.

Kim S said...

I love your creative use of the sketch!! Those detailed little butterflies in the chartreuse are stunning!

Linda Callahan said...

You are a pro at one layer cards! This is beautiful!

Karren said...

Adding the drawn lines really brings the focus to these gorgeous butterflies. Fabulous CAS card!