Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches 569

Hi friends!  We've got a new sketch for you today at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is Jacquie and I love how her sketch makes so many designs possible.




My card took many twists and turns this week!  I started out wanting to use a beautiful stenciled flower image, but the image was too big to fit on a landscape oriented card.  I thought about changing it to portrait, but the proportions of the layers would be wrong so I scrapped that idea.  So I went back and increased the scale and found myself with a giant 6 x 6 card.  Still I was not happy so I did what any crafter would do....I slept on it.  

The next day I grabbed this graphic image that's been in my stash for ages, stamped it in black and filled in some of the squares with the colors from the latest Global Design Project challenge.  The slim horizontal layer was just a repeat of those colors in tiny blocks that I glued together.

I have no idea what kind of sentiment I would put on this card, or who I would give it to, but it pleases whatever bit of artistic soul I've got.  😊


Thanks for stopping by!  As you might expect my teammates at Freshly Made Sketches have got some great cards to WOW you with, so be sure to check them out.  I hope we'll see you in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Arty (KaiserCraft)
Paper:   Whisper White, So Saffron, Cool Caribbean (Stampin' Up!); Lemon Grass (Avery Elle)
Ink:  Nocturne (Versafine Clair); So Saffron (Stampin' Up!); Copics

6 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

I love your graphic card! It's so cool!
I rarely make horizontal cards and wondered about turning it portrait also, but kept at it. :)

Nora Noll said...

I am in love with that fun graphic!! I love how you colored it in to match the stripes!!

Jen Brum said...

I love this card Jen! That image is fantastic and so fun - yet I was looking for some secret coded message in it! The colours are fantastic as well!

Linda Callahan said...

I love your graphic design! Fresh and fun!

Karren said...

Oh this is so very arty and graphic! Wonderful card, Jen!

Jacquie Southas said...

I adore the clean, modern and arty feel of this design, Jen!