Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches 567

Welcome back to a new year of challenges from Freshly Made Sketches!  This week our favorite Texan, Amy, is our hostess and she's cooked up a beauty for us!



This card was a topsy-turvy journey for me!  My first card idea involved layers and flowers.  But the colors were wrong, the flowers were wrong, the layers were wrong, so I scrapped it.  Then I remembered these bow images and thought I could stamp them and draw vertical lines to each one so that they seemed to be dangling.  To accommodate the rest of the sketch I drew in a rectangle design and tucked in a sentiment on the vertical side.

I do love a one-layer design and some go together for me easier than others.  Despite my early troubles, this one ended up being perfect to my eyes!

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to check out the amazing cards that our Freshly Made Sketches design team has made to inspire you to play along with us!

Supplies
Stamps: Holiday Bows (The Ton); Holiday Message (Mama Elephant)
Paper:  Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Rubellite, Teal Cave, Starlight (Altenew); Nocturne (Versafine Clair)

6 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I love the bows! And stop it right now I you are getting a head start on next year’s cards already…lolol….

Amy O said...

What a genius use of the sketch! I would have never thought to make a one-layer card with it, but you've made a beauty. Those bows are so eye-catching! Perfectly done, Jen!

Lisa Elton said...

Terrific color choices for the pretty bows! Great card!

Jen Brum said...

Those bows are just perfect for this card Jen! I love them! I can't believe you've already started on next year's cards but then again maybe if I started now I wouldn't be in such a rush in November!

Jen Timko said...

I have always loved the look of these bow images with no idea how to use them. Well, this is it! Love this!

Karren said...

These bows are stunning and what a genuis use of the sketch!