Wednesday, January 25, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches 570

We've got a great new sketch for you at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess and sketch designer this week is Jen Timko.  I loved the sketch when I first saw it, but oddly it gave me trouble when I tried translating it to an actual card.  But I eventually prevailed!



I had many ideas floating around in my head when I contemplated the sketch, but none of them panned out!  I wanted to use some of my patterned paper stash, but nothing looked quite right to me.  Then I stumbled on this old Stampin' Up! set and decided to use the big sentiment in it and draw lines around it, which would take the place of that narrow layer at the top of the sketch.  

I colored the stamp with four different SU markers then "huffed" on the stamp to keep the ink wet.  Remember huffing?!?!?!  It worked and I was pleased to see the stamp inked in the colors I intended!

My fellow Freshly Made Sketches design team members have made some absolutely fabulous cards with this sketch, so you just have to check them out.  I hope we'll see you in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Love You Much (Stampin' Up!)
Paper:  Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Real Red, Garden Green, Regal Rose, Basic Black (Stampin' Up!)

12 comments:

LeAnne said...

Oh my goodness, I so remember this set, and you've done it proud! Great way to interpret the sketch and use your markers too!

Judy Rozema said...

Your sketch experience sounds like mine! I had too many ideas and then they didn't work. I also wanted to use some cute bee paper but then didn't. This is so cute and sweet! I love it!

Lisa Elton said...

What a GREAT take on the sketch, this is fun!

Carol L said...

What a wonderful, creative take on this fun sketch! I really like that stamp set you used!

Cheryl said...

Nailed It! Love this too! TFS!

Linda Callahan said...

Your throwback SU sentiment is perfect! Love this!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fantastic card Jen! I love that big Love sentiment and I love your hand drawn lines! It's so sweet!

Jacquie Southas said...

This is just as sweet as can be, Jen!

Nora Noll said...

That stamp is PERFECT for your card!! FABULOUS design!!

Jen Timko said...

I was so into the markers and this technique. You took this and made it look fresh and new. Love it.

Karren said...

Fabulous one-layer card! And huffing was the "in" technique quite a few years (decades!) ago.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Your one layer card is just amazing! I am in awe of it!