Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches 581

Hi all!  We've got a great new challenge for you at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess and sketch designer is Cécile and, as always, when she designs a sketch I try (and usually fail) to channel her amazing design aesthetic.  Here's my humble attempt:



So, since spring has sprung out all over in my neighborhood, I decided to combine the pastel color challenge at The Paper Players with our Freshly Made Sketches challenge.  I used a stencil to create the background and then topped it with this artsy butterfly.  I know I was supposed to add a sentiment, but this looked too darn cute without one, so I left it off!  I hope Cécile forgives me!



Thanks for stopping by!  As always our Freshly Made Sketches design team has some amazing cards to inspire you to play along with us!  I hope to see you in the gallery!

Supplies
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Fresh Freesia, Basic Black, Vellum (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Certain Celery (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories:  Pine stencil (The Ton); Papillon die (4enscrap)

9 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

Oh my gosh, when I saw this I squealed. It's such a brilliant and beautiful idea for the sketch!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty butterfly! This is wonderful, Jen!

Jen Brum said...

I think you've done an excellent job at channeling your inner Cecile!!! I just love that butterfly and the background stamp! So clean and sweet!

Tarabeth Stamps said...

Gorgeous card! The butterfly is magnificent! I love all the clean space! Thanks for playing over at The Paper Players Challenge.

Ann Schach said...

WOW, Jen! This card is clean and simple perfection! The stenciled background is a lovely backdrop for the beautiful butterfly. LOVE it! Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Nora Noll said...

I always love to come to your blog and see your interpretation of the sketches. They are always so simple but NOTHING I would ever think of!! This is just GORGEOUS. I love the simple "Plant" with the butterfly! Beautiful design!

Cécile RIBON said...

I'm totally wowed by your simple and super artsy take on the sketch, Jen. With only a stencil and a set of dies you achieved a card that is definitely CAS perfection. You're absolutely right a sentiment would have messed the beautiful simplicity of the design.

Linda Callahan said...

You definitely channeled your inner Cecile! Simply beautiful!

Karren said...

This is such a fun and clever take on the sketch! That butterfly is just gorgeous!