Wednesday, August 9, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches 598

When I saw our latest Freshly Made Sketch challenge I was pretty sure that I wanted to use flowers to be the design elements in the corners.  Since it's summertime I thought sunflowers would be a good choice.  Jen Timko is our challenge hostess this week and her sketch inspired some fabulous cards from our design team!



I'm not at all sure that I like the placement of the images on this card, but it's my "Mona Lisa" this week so I'm going with it.  That's the great thing about creativity - it's fluid and sometimes you get it right, sometimes you get it sort-of-right, and sometimes things go horribly wrong.  This one is in the sort-of-right category!

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you can join us in the Freshly Made Sketches gallery this week!

Supplies
Stamps:  Painted Harvest (Stampin' Up!); Words of Wisdom (Verve)
Paper:  Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry, Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!); Fallen Leaves (Versafine Clair)

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like your lovely summer take on the sketch!

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet flowers and great sentiment! Pretty card!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

The sunflowers are great but it's the sentiment verse that really steals the show Jen - and so true!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fantastic card Jen! I love those sunflowers and that sentiment is perfect! So pretty!

Kim S said...

Lovely flowers and SO perfect to highlight the sentiment!

Jen Timko said...

Oh, this is really great. I love the placement, I love the sentiment!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love your bright sunflowers Jen and I particularly like the way your sentiment is overlapping the bottom one. Vicky x

Karren said...

There is nothing Mona Lisa about this card! It is fabulous and I love that sentiment. So very true!