Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches 599

Hi everyone!  It's my turn to be the sketch hostess at Freshly Made Sketches this week.  I tried my hand at a design with a few layers - I can't be clean-and-simple all the time!  Sometimes I just get a hankering to make a card with some weight to it!



I love this color combo of kraft, black, white, and yellow and for no particular reason picked it to use on my card.  The yellow then inspired sunflowers so I die-cut a couple of those from a daisy die (ssshhh don't tell) and layered them over this fun gingham paper.  I wanted a bold sentiment and chose this one from the now-closed Reverse Confetti.  

Thanks for stopping by!  Of course, my fellow Freshly Made Sketches design teammates have made some amazing cards with my sketch!  I hope you'll check them out.

And next week we'll be celebrating 600 sketches at Freshly Made Sketches.  We've got some fun surprises so I hope you will join us!

Supplies
Stamps:  Posted Notes Sentiments (Reverse Confetti)
Paper:  Desert Storm (Neenah); Black Licorice (My Favorite Things); Crushed Curry, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White (Stampin' Up!); True Black Gingham (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Nocturne (Versafine Clair)
Accessories:  Upsy Daisy die, Vertical Greetings II die (My Favorite Things); enamel dots (My Mind's Eye)

9 comments:

Amy O said...

I love these cheery daisy sunflowers! :) And I love the torn edge at the bottom. Fun card and fun sketch!

Lisa Elton said...

I like it when you step outside of your CAS box, Jen! This is delightful, Jen. Love the gingham and your "sunflowers"!

JoAnn said...

So pretty and cheery. Love the yellow daisies and they go great on the b/w gingham paper. Love your pretty card.

LeAnne said...

Love your sketch, Jen! I love these big flowers, too, but I ESPECIALLY love the gingham background! The torn edge at the bottom is fun too! Love it!

Ida said...

Great sketch for the challenge. - Your card is very pretty. Love the dimension and details on the card. It was fun trying your sketch out.

Penny Hanuszak said...

Love the black and white gingham and the pop of yellow to bring it to life. The flowers are beautiful. Thanks for your sketch this week and inspiration.

Linda Callahan said...

Love your bright flowers and love your sketch this week!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Great sketch Jen and those bright yellow flowers are so cheery and look fab against the gingham. Lovely!

Karren said...

The gingham works so well with these gorgeous flowers and I love the colour combo you've used! Thanks for a great sketch!