Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches 597

We've got a great new challenge for you at Freshly Made Sketches this week.  Our hostess is Jacquie and she gave us this great landscape-oriented sketch that I accidentally turned to portrait!  Oops!




I'm pretty sure at one point I knew this card was supposed to be landscape, but somehow I turned it around in my head.  I didn't even realize my mistake until I went to add this card to our design team blog.  By then it was too late to fix, but I think it works anyway!  My flowers represent the two vertical layers and for the horizontal layer I used washi tape and a thin sentiment strip.  These fun colors are inspired by the Cupcake Inspiration challenge.

 


Thanks for stopping by!  As always our Freshly Made Sketches design team has cooked up some amazing cards to inspire you to play along with us!

Supplies
Stamps:  Simple Sentiments (Avery Elle); Truth Is (CAS-ual Friday Stamps)
Paper:  Lemon Grass, The Everyday Collection (Avery Elle); Taken With Teal, Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Nocturne (Versafine Clair)
Accessories:  washi tape

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Those sketchy flowers are fun, this is terrific, Jen!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love that you turned the sketch, Jen. The whimsical flowers are perfect for the design!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a fantastic card Jen! I just love those flowers! They are so sweet! Love your colour choices as well!

Helen said...

Beautiful CAS design - very elegant.

Thanks for joining us at the Cupcake Inspirations Challenge.

Helen x
DT

Kelly Parker said...

Love your card! thank you playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations.

Nora Noll said...

This is so fun!! I love your pattern paper and the flowers are simply lovely. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

Nora
DT Member
Cupcake Inspirations

Linda Callahan said...

I love those sketchy flowers! Delightful card!

Karren said...

No matter the orientation of your card, it's still fabulous! Those flowers are so modern and striking and work perfectly with the sketch.