Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Freshly Made Sketches 600

We are celebrating our 600th challenge at Freshly Made Sketches this week!  That's a lot of inspiration!  It started with our debut sketch on September 7, 2011 and continues strong to this day!  To help us celebrate this milestone we've got some guest designers joining us!  Here is our sketch and my take on it.



I used this gorgeous dahlia stamp as my "circle" on the sketch and decided at the last minute that the horizontal layer should be this lovely burlap ribbon.  I hot foiled the sentiment in gold - and can I just confess that every time I attempt hot foiling I put the foil upside down and I end up foiling the plate and not the cardstock.  I've got a mental block about it apparently!

As I mentioned we are joined for this momentous 600th sketch challenge with some guest designers.  These lovely ladies have featured as our "queens of clean" frequently and we thought it fitting to invite them to play along with us for this anniversary sketch.  You'll find their cards at the top of our Freshly Made Sketches post.

And, of course, our Freshly Made Sketches design team has rocked it out of the park for this challenge.  I hope you are inspired to join us in the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  Delightful Dahlia Additions (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Layering White (Gina K); Solar White (Neenah); Wild Wasabi (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Sea Breeze, Turquoise, Starlight (Altenew)
Accessories:  Yana' Sentiments Hot Foil Plates and Dies (Spellbinders); Burlap ribbon (Stampin' Up!)

11 comments:

Amy O said...

These gorgeous flowers pair beautifully with the burlap. A lovely card! So glad to get to be part of this FMS family with you, and I hope to see you in Boston again sometime!

Linda Callahan said...

Gorgeous flowers! The burlap is a fabulous backdrop! Can't believe we met 600 sketches ago! It is wonderful being on this team with you - thanks for all you do to keep us running! So glad we have managed few in person visits too!

Jen Brum said...

This card is gorgeous! I love those flowers! The blue is stunning! Love the burlap strip as well! We've definitely got the best team around! Can't wait to see what the next 100 sketches brings!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the texture from the burlap ribbon, but the dahlias are definitely the stars of this design! Thank you for 12 years of beautiful designs and inspiration, Jen!

Rosemary said...

Gorgeous take on the sketch! I love your use of burlap with the beautifully florals. Thanks so much for having me as a guest designer for the 600th sketch celebration!

Jen Timko said...

This is such a beauty! I love the burlap (need to go find that in my stash) and yeah, I foil the wrong way too. Sigh. Thank you so much for all you do to keep this wonderful group going. How grateful I am for you!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Jen those blue dahlias are stunning and I love the contrast of the sharp blooms with the strip of burlap beneath. Thank you for having me guest with you to celebrate this momentous occasion - looking forward to many more years of FMS inspiration!

Karren said...

These flowers are so beautiful and look gorgeous in these colours! Thanks for everything you do to keep this team and challenge running. It is so appreciated!

Kim S said...

You're an original!! I've been inspired by the team since day 1 - well before I ever became part of it. Thank you for all of it! And I love your flowers - beautiful colors and dimension and so perfect on the burlap.

Cécile RIBON said...

What a gorgeous floral card, Jen! This dahlia image is fabulous. I love the strip of fabric and the bit of gold, they make this card so unique. Thanks so much for all these years of so inspiring cards and fun sketches. Here's to another 12 years.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Um wow! I am loving how elegant this card is with that white and the striking pop of the flowers!