Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches 379

It's time for a new challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.  This week our hostess is Judy and she's given us a classic sketch!


I was inspired by the colors at Fab Friday as well as the flower challenge at Crazy 4 Challenges to dig out this oldie but goodie floral image from Stampin' Up!  I stamped one flower on the card base then another that I cut out to layer on top.  I added the green horizontal layer in between the two flowers but thought it looked too plain so I die cut a scribble to add on top of it to jazz things up!


The wee sentiment ended up popped up on a layer of cardstock because my first attempt smudged when I tried to stamp it directly on the card base. 😜There are no mistakes in stamping so I knew right away that the fix was to do it all over again as a layer!

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you've got time to join us in the gallery at Freshly Made Sketches!

Supplies
Stamps:  Reason to Smile (Stampin' Up!); Tiny Words (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Mossy Meadow (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral (Stampin' Up!); Nocturne (Versafine Clair)
Accessories:  Scribbles & Splat Thinlet (Sizzix); Royal Garden sequins (Pretty Pink Posh)

8 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

Never mistakes! This is so fun. I love the look of the different textures!

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet.....and yep I have popped up a few sentiments myself....lol....

Lisa Elton said...

Haha, I did the same thing with my sentiment the other day!! Great save Jen, this is wonderful!

stampwithamyk said...

Very pretty! Love the clean design, perfect way to use those colors. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday, hope to see you again soon!

Amanda Mertz said...

I loce this CAS design. The texture in the center is just right and I really like the delicate lines of the flower images. Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Heather said...

Love this, Jen - pretty flowers, and the scribble detail is just right! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!

Jacquie Southas said...

Love the extra layer of texture on your green panel!

Karren said...

You have such a knack of combining challenges and coming up with gorgeous cards and this one is no exception!