Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches 381

I'm getting very impatient for spring.  Anyone else?  I have a hard time with March because I'm impatient for the temperatures to warm up to what I think spring temperatures should be and March just doesn't cooperate!  Hopefully things will change soon!

In the meantime while I wait for spring, we've got a great new challenge for you at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our hostess this week is Lee Ann and she's got a great sketch for us!


The springy color challenge at Sunday Stamps was just the thing to lift me from my doldrums so I took the opportunity of all that white space on the sketch to show off an outline leaf image that I filled in with some patterned paper in those colors and some white pieces.  I also dug deep into my stash and found some washi tape that I used to dress up the vertical layer on the edge of my card.


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Our Freshly Made Sketches design team has got some great cards to inspire you so I hope you'll join us this week!.

Supplies
Stamps:  Simple Sentiments (Avery Elle)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Pretty Amethys (Fun Stampers Journey); Mint Julep (Papertrey Ink); Comfort Cafe DSP, Brights Collection DSP (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Nocturne (Versafine Clair)
Accessories:  Botanical Beauty die (The Stamp Market); washi tape

13 comments:

Amy O said...

This is so soft and pretty! I love the pieces of dsp in the leaves -- what a fun touch.

Linda Callahan said...

Oh my.....this is so soft and sweet! Love the soft hint of color!

HilaryJane said...

I love this, the soft colours with all that white really works xx

Lisa Elton said...

This is soft, fresh and ever so lovely Jen! Thanks for bringing me a little dose of Spring!

sandie said...

This is s wonderfully full of joy Spring Jen. I adore the soft use of the colours-super card x

Heather said...

Wow, what a beautiful soft stem image - so elegant! Lovely use of our colors! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!

Jen Brum said...

What a beautiful card! I just love the soft colours and those fabulous leaves! So pretty! I'm anxious for spring to come too! It feels like we are never going to get there!

Celeste Goff said...

What an absolutely beautiful CAS card!

Nora Noll said...

This is stunning!!

Pat said...

That is a unique leaf die with all of the different sections. You made it look so very pretty with those beautiful soft colors of designer paper in the spaces. I would not have thought to do that.

Kim S said...

Gorgeous!! It's a fabulous leaf - and even better with the colors and patterns you have used!

Karren said...

Love that white-on-white leaf with the touches of color! So very classy!

Annette Elliott said...

Another great CAS card, Jen. :) I love how you added just a pop of the colors the the leaves yet kept most of it white. Thanks for joining in the fun of our "spring" colors at Sunday Stamps! Happy weekend.