Thursday, May 30, 2019

CAS(E) This Sketch 324 Meets Fusion

I will state right off the bat that I took some liberties with the new sketch at CAS(E) This Sketch.  I could have gone literal with all those rectangles but I decided to mimic the spirit of those shapes by piecing together some colorful inlaid die cuts.   I had envisioned the rectangles done in many colors and reasoned that those "many colors" would translate quite nicely to this flower.  I realize now that what seemed perfectly reasonable in my head, may seem a bit off to visitors here!  The colors of my card are inspired by the new Fusion challenge.  I didn't have any cute and fuzzy baby chicks in my stash, but I did have plenty of cardstock in rainbow colors!



This sketch has inspired some great designs by my fellow teammates at CAS(E) This Sketch and I can say for sure that my teammates at Fusion have also created some one of a kind designs too.  I hope you can play along with us!

Supplies
Stamps:  Simple Sentiments (Avery Elle)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Daffodil Delight (Stampin' Up!); Vintage Jadite (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Nocturne (Versafine Clair)
Accessories:  Delicates die (Papertrey Ink)


3 comments:

Karren said...

Good job combining these two challenges! That CTS one looks particularly difficult and you created a very clever interpretation - that uses the Fusion colors perfectly.

Lisa Elton said...

I like your clever take on the sketch with those lovely colors!

Linda Callahan said...

Perfect Fusion colors - and that's a lot of fussy work getting all those die cut pieces in there! Beautiful!