Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches 386

Apologies, apologies.  I'm so late with my post today!!  I almost didn't make it this week for my Freshly Made Sketches card.  Between late nights at work and silly mistakes on my design that set me back a day I thought for sure that having this card ready for an early morning post on Wednesday would be impossible.  And I was right!  I actually fell asleep while attempting to write this post Tuesday night! But here I am and ready to go for Jen Brum's design which really got my design wheels turning.



It might be hard to see in the picture but that topmost angled layer is actually embossing paste in a striped pattern.  Although my first thought when I saw the sketch was to use patterned paper for that layer I happened to see the challenge at Addicted to CAS where the cue word is "contrast" so I thought I'd play along by keeping my background white and adding pops of color for some....contrast!  The colors come from the latest challenge at As You See It.  It's always fun when I can combine three challenges into one card!



Thanks for stopping by!  I appreciate your visit even though I'm late to the party.  And, of course, my Freshly Made Sketches teammates have got some fantastic cards to get your creative juices flowing so I hope to see you in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:   Wallpaper Art (Altenew)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); X-Press It Blending Card
Ink:  Black Licorice (My Favorite Things); Copics
Accessories:  Diagonal Stripe stencil (Simon Says Stamp); white embossing paste (Dreamweaver)

10 comments:

Amy O said...

This card packs such a pretty punch! I love the large flower and the subtle white embossing paste background. Hope you can get to bed early tonight!

Barb Ghig said...

No apologies are needed, Jen...As always, your card is absolutely GORGEOUS! Beautiful coloring on the bloom and leaves and I love how you created dimension with your striped background! Don't ya just love playing with embossing paste? Great job combining challenges, too :)
Thanks so much for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS!

Heather Cooper said...

Oh, Jen, those colours are perfectly used in that gorgeous flower! I think you've nailed all three challenges! I really like the embossing paste used for the angled background and creating the white on white background to make the contrast for the flower! Thanks for playing along with As You See It Challenges!

Jan Clothier said...

I love the way you've tamed those colours and made them pop against the white, yet textured, background. Lovely work as always, Jen. Thank you for joining in with us again at As You See It Challenge.

Nora Noll said...

So lovely!! I like the embossing paste background!! That flower just POPS!!

Lisa Elton said...

Wow Jen, this is incredible! What a striking card!

LeAnne said...

No worries, I forgot to set up one of my blog posts this week too!! Yikes! This was worth the wait, your floral is big, bold and wonderful! So glad you shared it us!

Jen Brum said...

This is such a pretty card Jen! I just love that gorgeous flower! Your colouring is amazing! I love the texture of the background! It's just perfect!

Migdalia said...

Absolutely beautiful!! I love the pretty flower and wonderful coloring too!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia Rodriguez
Migdalia's Crafts

Karren said...

Loving this white-on-white background you've created with the stenciling! And that bold flower pops off the card. Gorgeous!