Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches 399

It's hard to believe but we are at sketch #399 at Freshly Made Sketches this week!  That's a lot of sketches!  This week our sketch designer is Jen Brum and she has given us a sketch with three squares.....my favorite - NOT!  I think she is punishing me for a big circle I put on a sketch a few weeks ago! LOL!



But never fear.  After much contemplation I figured out how to tackle this sketch.  I chose this small poinsettia image which I stamped onto small squares.  Then in the fourth space I stamped a simple holiday message.  I put all of that on a layer with a running border of punched dotted circles around the edge.  I like this card way more than I thought I would! LOL!  After I made this I realized it would fit the Less is More challenge of "small images."  As per their guidelines each image here is less than 2 x 2.



Thanks for stopping by!  I'm so happy that I was able to add to my Christmas card stash with this card.  I wonder how you will be inspired to join us at Freshly Made Sketches with this sketch!

Supplies
Stamps:  Joyous Noel (Verve)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah)
Ink:  Pure Poppy (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories:  Dual Dotted Square die (Lil' Inker Designs)

10 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

This is a fabulous holiday card, Jen! I love it's clean and modern feel!

Nora Noll said...

This is amazing!! I LOVE all the white space on this card!

Jean said...

This is fabulous - great take on the sketch!

Jen Brum said...

What?! You don't like squares! I did not know that and I would never punish you for your giant circle!!! I do love your card though! The red and white look so pretty together! Love all of those white layers! Very elegant!

Lisa Elton said...

You not only tackled it, you intercepted it and ran for a touchdown! It's fantastic Jen!

Kim S said...

This is so sweet! I love fresh white for Christmas!

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet holiday card......you are soooooo far ahead of me already in the Christmas card race!

Neets B said...

Love the crisp white layers and the red and white theme. I now feel bad for not starting my Christmas cards yet! Yikes, better get a wriggle on!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Loving the crisp, clean and graphic look to this card Jen. You have lined up those images so well (something I always fail at). A perfect Christmas card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More xx

Narelle Farrugia said...

How you can you not a square? You have totally nailed this sketch and made a wonderful festive card!