Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches 411

I'm feeling like it's that time of year when I switch over to the Christmas channel!  Despite my best intentions I always seem to come up short when it comes to my Christmas card stash so it seems every card I make nowadays has a holiday theme.  Today is no different.  The occasion is our newest challenge at Freshly Made Sketches, our hostess is Kim, and my theme is plaid!



I absolutely love this plaid paper from Stampin' Up!  Plaid, as it turns out, is not that easy to find.  Especially ones that are of a holiday nature.  So when I saw this particular set I knew that I needed to scoop it up or forever regret that I didn't. I tore the edges of design so that I could play along with the Less is More challenge.  Then I added my favorite poinsettia layered in white and vellum cardstock as well as a simple sentiment.


Thanks for stopping by!  My Freshly Made Sketches teammates have made some fantastic card for this challenge so be sure to check them out. I hope you will join us in the gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Joy Stamp (The Stamp Market)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); gold glimmer (Recollections); Vellum (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Gold (Encore)
Accessories:  Layered Poinsettia die (Penny Black); gold embossing powder

14 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

This is gorgeous, Jen!

Linda Callahan said...

I love the torn plaid! Beautiful card!

JoAnn said...

Very pretty. Love the white poinsettia with the pretty plaid paper behind it. TFS.

Lisa Elton said...

I like the little strings of gold running through the plaid paper! This is lovely Jen!

Jen Brum said...

Oh there's that gorgeous poinsettia again! I just love it!!! Every time I see it I tell myself I need it!! It's is so elegant and looks beautiful with the plaid! Perfect for Christmas!!!

Kim S said...

Beautiful! I love how the torn background softens it!

Happy Dance said...

Hmmm...much like the Parisian Breeze papers like I'm still hoarding! That plaid was so worth getting; it's perfect on your card. A touch of that masculine plaid, with a very pretty, feminine poinsettia! Gorgeous together, and a beautiful Christmas card. Love this one! Bev

Migdalia said...

Beautiful card! love the pretty poinsettias.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia Rodriguez
Migdalia's Crafts

Neets B said...

LOVE this, Jen! That paper is really great and it looks fabulous paired with that gorgeous poinsettia #addspoinsettiadietowishlist! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

Amy O said...

You make the most gorgeous poinsettias! I love this one in white, and that torn plaid is a great finishing touch.

Jen Timko said...

Yep, I'm loving the plaid too. And this is the perfect use of it. The white poinsettia is spectacular.

Kathyk said...

This is a really fab and modern make

Kathyk

Judy Rozema said...

The plaid is beautiful with your flower!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

This is fantastic Jen. It looks so fresh and fun and the torn plaid paper is ideal for the challenge them. Thank you so much for joining us at Less is More xx