Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Freshly Made Sketches 413

Hello everyone!  We've got a new sketch for you at Freshly Made Sketches!  Our challenge this week is brought to you by Cécile and I absolutely love how it is fluid and abstract.


For the squiggly line I went with a stencil (also with a squiggly shape) that I went over with embossing paste (if you click on the picture you can see the detail better).  Then came the hard part - deciding what to do with the other elements of the sketch.  I thought about snowflakes first but didn't have any that were small enough for the size of the card.  So I started searching through my stash of sequins and found these gold stars.  Then came the bold "peace" sentiment that I die cut with some gold glimmer paper.  For a little dimension I popped up an ending to the sentiment so that the card reads "peace on earth."

Thanks for stopping by!  My fellow Freshly Made Sketches teammates have made some cards that are sure to inspire you to play along with us!  Please join us in our gallery!

Supplies
Stamps:  Just Sentiments Be Merry (Ink to Paper)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); gold glimmer (Recollections)
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  Wonderful Words Holiday die (Papertrey Ink); Graphic Equalizer stencil (Sheena); Gold Star Confetti (Pretty Pink Posh); white embossing paste (Dreamweaver)

6 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

The embossing paste is wonderful in the background....lovely card!

Happy Dance said...

Girl....Brilliant use of this sketch. "Calm" came to mind immediately when I saw this. And "elegant" as well. White embossing paste on a white base is just perfect. And then those glittery gold letters and stars. I love this card, Jen. You've totally rocked it. Happy Thanksgiving. xo Bev

ElizStewart said...

Jen... this card is so incredibly creative... and CAS at the same time! Love it!

Lisa Elton said...

What a fun sketch and I love what you've done with it!

Narelle Farrugia said...

Truly beautiful! I love how that gold really shines off that all white background!

Cécile RIBON said...

Wow, Jen! I'm totally in love with your CAS perfection card! The whiteness with hints of gold is so elegant! And your paste embossed background makes a perfect take on the squiggly line.