Friday, November 22, 2019

Starry Starry Night

About a week ago I decided to make a bunch of cards for my Christmas card stash.  Well, as it turns out those cards that I made fit a couple of new challenges this week.



As far as design goes, when I made these cards I just had an idea to sponge a night sky and to use this nativity silhouette die.  I tucked them away in my stash to await mailing.  Well, fast forward a week and I took a look at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme is "starry starry night" and at CASology where the cue word is "faith" and I realized that my cards fit the bill for both challenges perfectly!  I don't think that's ever happened to me!



Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Paper:  Bristol Smooth; Basic Black (Stampin' Up!); gold glimmer (Recollections)
Ink:  Peacock Feathers, Faded Jeans, Black Soot (Distress Oxide)
Accessories:  NativityScape (Sugar Pea Designs)

5 comments:

LeAnne said...

SO calm and serene...I have that die too, you've inspired me to get it out and MAKE SOMETHING with it!

Happy Dance said...

Well done, Jen. This is perfect for both of these challenges, and that sky you've created is fabulous. Love the blues you've chosen and the Star in the East as a beautiful highlight (no pun intended...). That's a wonderful Bethlehem silhouette, too. Beautiful card. Bev

Lisa Elton said...

Beautiful Jen, love the silhouettes against your night sky!

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautiful silhouette against the inked sky! Thanks for sharing with us at CASology, Jen!

Nancy said...

I really like the silhouette against your colour blended background! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology!