Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Tis the Season

Yesterday was Veterans Day here in the US where we pay homage to all those who currently serve or previously served in the armed forces.  My father was a Korean War veteran so that day is always a little bittersweet for me.  He was very proud of his service as a Marine and spent his post-war life as a very active member of his local Veterans of Foreign Wars post.  Because of my father and his legacy I am very conscious of my debt of gratitude to our veterans. 

So, because of the holiday I had some extra time to make a card for a couple of challenges that caught my eye.  The colors at Christmas Card Throwdown and the layout at Sketch Saturday were perfect for me to use this new snowflake die that I got recently.  (Special thanks to my friend Jen who inspired me to get this die).



I'm not sure it shows up in the photo but the snowflake die is cut with some sparkly paper.  Not for nothing, but it is super sparkly and looks fantastic in real life!  The sequins are a dark purple and I love that I was able to incorporate the colors of the challenge in such a subtle way. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  Tiny Word Christmas (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Dazzling Diamonds (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Snowflake Cluster die (Hero Arts); Love and Sparkles sequins (Neat and Tangled)

5 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

WOW, Jen! This is gorgeous! I love ll that white and those beautiful snowflakes! Just perfect! SO happy you joined us at Sketch Saturday! XX

Happy Dance said...

Beautiful Christmas card, Jen. That die is incredible and I can tell that it's sparkly. The purple sequins are just the right touch for this white-on-white card, too. Love this one! My dad served, too. USAF. He did two tours in Korea, and one in Viet Nam. I am thankful for his, and all our veterans service, and very glad he came home to us. Sending warm hugs. Bev

Lisa Elton said...

Whose snowflakes swirling about on your card are lovely! I'm grateful for your dad's service too ;)

Fabiola said...

c'est magnifique Jen, tu joues avec le CAS a la perfection, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52CCT, biz

Jen Timko said...

This is a totally YOU die! I know I'll get to see all kinds of ways to copy you with it! Great card.