Thursday, June 4, 2020

CAS(E) This Sketch 375

Our new challenge at CAS(E) This Sketch had me reaching for a couple of my favorite stamp sets.  I only recently bought these sets, but they have fast become faves, so I find myself using them again and again.



I'm sure the technique that I did has a name but I don't know what it is.  So I call it I stamped some images on two different pieces of cardstock, cut a rectangle out of one of them, and popped it up on the other one.  For those vertical layers on the sketch I substituted a fancy shape in vellum then overlaid a birthday sentiment strip on top.  

The vellum idea came from the latest AAA Birthday challenge which then obliged me to add a birthday sentiment.  My birthday card stash is running low so I took that as a sign that I was on the right track!



Thanks for stopping by!  My fellow teammates at CAS(E) This Sketch have made some great cards to inspire you to play along with us.

Supplies
Stamps:  Dot Botanicals, Leaf Clusters (Altenew); It's Your Birthday (Stampin' Up!)
Paper:  Whisper White, Vellum (Stampin' Up!); Smoky Shadow (Papertrey Ink)
Ink:  Limeade, Lime, Fresh Leaf (Altenew); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Labels Four die (Spellbinders)

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I like the soft pretty shades of green you've used Jen and the way you've layered up this little beauty!

Nora Noll said...

Oh so lovely!! The use of that vellum is just perfection.

I Card Everyone said...

I'm not sure what that layering is called, technically - but in your hands? with these gorgeous leaves? I'd simply call it stunning, Jen! Really, really beautiful card!
=]

Kim S said...

Gorgeous!! I love the soft green leaves, off the edge - and your vellum accent so they are still visible.

Barb Ghig said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barb Ghig said...

Another gorgeous card, Jen! I don't know the name of this technique either, but it works perfectly with your botanical leaves...WOW!