Wednesday, June 10, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches 439

Hey there!  We've got a great new sketch for you this week at Freshly Made Sketches.  Our hostess this week is Narelle - who has this amazing knack for combining tons of layers while still making cards that have a clean and simple feel.  I don't know how she does it!  For my card, though, I stuck with just a few layers to keep that CAS look!


I bought these wonky square dies ages ago and this is the first time I've used them.  I don't know whether that means I buy things I shouldn't or that I have amazing foresight because I buy things months before I actually need them!  In any event, they are perfect for this sketch.  So that I could play along with the Allsorts Challenge of "lots of yellow" I used used yellow for the squares and a small yellow flower for an accent.  I love the easy peasy cards!

Thanks for stopping by!  Play along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Supplies
Stamps:  Sentimental Birthday (Winnie & Walter)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Daffodil Delight (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Quadranglel Frames die (Simon Says Stamp); Blueprints 13 die (My Favorite Things); enamel dots (Doodlebug Designs)

9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I like that square die, this is so cute Jen!

brenda said...

Such an elegant CAS creation, many thanks for sharing and joining in with our 'Yellow' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Linda Callahan said...

We used the same die cut - had only used mine once and now I remember why! I must have made five of them before I got one that didn't rip or get all twisted on me! I love yellow and your sweet card!

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous CAS take on the sketch, Jen! Love that you chose yellow for your color palette, too!

Mervi said...

Beautiful and clever sunny cas card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Kathleen said...

Great CAS card and a lovely design and love the black flower centre. Thank you for joining our 'Yellow' challenge at Allsorts.

Kath x

Nora Noll said...

Why don't I have this square die? I LOVE the look on this card. The simple way you used the flower and the sentiment. GORGEOUS!!

Jen Brum said...

This card is just divine Jen! Those little yellow frame and that sweet little flower are too perfect! LOVE that white background! So pretty!

Narelle Farrugia said...

I ADORE your few layers - you are the master of creating elegant cards with less layers - you need to teach me to de-clutter my cards!