Wednesday, November 25, 2020

Freshly Made Sketches 463

Once again, our latest sketch at Freshly Made Sketches has inspired me to make a Christmas card.  Our sketch designer this week is Amy, and I fell in love with her design!



I'm always intrigued with the one layer challenge at Less is More because I like to try and take a sketch that seems to have layers and make a card without them.  For this card I started with a pierced square die and embossed the center of the card with it (click on the pic to see the detail).  Then I took some rectangular scrap pieces and drew them on the sketch with a black pen "behind" the square.  The square ended up looking a bit lost, so I outlined it in the same black pen.  Then I colored in every other stripe on the H in red to add some color!


Thanks for stopping by!  My fellow Freshly Made Sketches design team members have made some great cards with sketch so be sure to check them out!

Supplies
Stamps:  Santa's Greeting (Close to My Heart)
Paper:  Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Black Licorice (My Favorite Things); Pentel red pen; Copic Multiliner 3mm
Accessories:  Pierced Square STAX (My Favorite Things)


13 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

Wow! This is so cool. The piercing looks amazing. I used to pierce everything and haven't done any lately! I need to add that in. Love your one layer card!

Lisa Elton said...

Love what you've done with the sketch Jen, this is fun! Happy Thanksgiving!

Linda Callahan said...

I love your sketchy version of this sketch!

Amy O said...

What a fun card! I love the piercing and the little pop of red. And kudos to you for making this a one-layer card!

Cindy said...

That is the nicest ho-ho-ho stamp I have ever seen !

Kathyk said...

A totally TERRIFIC way to interpret the sketch whilst keeping it as a One Layer Card

Happy Saturday

Kathyk

Kim S said...

Such a wonderful graphic look!! The way you kept it one-layer looks just right with the sentiment.

Jen Brum said...

Oh Jen! This card is just gorgeous! I love the "simpleness" of this and yet it's so elegant and beautiful! Love the pop of red! So fabulous!

Jen Timko said...

Honestly the perfect one layer card! Brilliant!

Karren said...

Oh you are so clever! Your one-layer card is wonderful and you've reminded me I have that stamp set, so I really should use it!

Chrissie said...

This is such a clever and beautiful interpretation of a one layer card... it has the look of dimension without the layers!
Just fab Jen!
Chrissie
Creator/Guest Designer "Less is More"

perfectly4med said...

I can't add much more to other comments made already - a cracking OLC. Have you considered having a play with some shading to add 'layers' to your one layer card? Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More.

Neil

Barb Ghig said...

You are so clever, Jen! I love how you created a one layer card with your die, stamps, and black marker...very cool!