Thursday, November 12, 2020

Fusion - Holiday Blessings

The inspiration theme at Fusion is "thankful" but this week I decided to play along with just the sketch and make a Christmas card instead.  I'm approaching that time of year when I suspect I'm woefully behind on my Christmas card stash...and I'm too scared to check!  So I keep plugging along and hope I hit my target!



On Tuesday I happened to catch the sneak peak of The Color Throwdown challenge so I used those colors for my card.  They also happen to be a favorite color combo of mine for Christmas cards!

Instead of layering three circular shapes, per the sketch, I used dotted circle dies to create two of the circles then layered blue and red cardstock behind so that the color showed through.  The third circle is, obviously, the poinsettia.  I happen to think this looks pretty good - a clever idea - but I wonder what the recipient will think.  The poinsettia, the sentiment, and the colors say Christmas, but they might be scratching their head over the purpose of those circles!


Thanks for stopping by!  My fellow Fusion teammates have some great cards to show you so be sure to check them out!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Peace Love Joy (Right at Home)
Paper:  Baja Breeze, Real Red (Stampin' Up!); Solar White (Neenah): silver (Recollections)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Layered Poinsettia die (Penny Black); Circles die (Little B)

6 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

I adore those circle dies - they are so cute! perfect with the flower and perfect with the sketch!

Lisa Elton said...

Love they way you've used the sketch, this is fabulous!

JoAnn said...

CAS and beautiful. Love your card and the design.

Wanda Cullen said...

I always look forward to your creative and gorgeous CAS designs! Love this one!

Vickie Z said...

Wonderful CAS design! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Barb Ghig said...

Great idea to use the dotted circles and your Poinsettia is absolutely gorgeous! You never cease to amaze me with your talents, Jen...Gorgeous card!