Wednesday, March 3, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches 475

We've got a great new sketch challenge for you at Freshly Made Sketches.  This week our challenge hostess is Jacquie and her sketch inspired me to do it in one layer.


Whenever I see three shapes like this I tend to go into panic mode. I don't know why I do, but I do!  So I have evolved a response and that means I dig deep and try to accomplish the sketch in one layer.  Lucky for me the challenge at Less is More is one layer with flowers and I took inspiration from the colors at Sunday Stamps.


I stamped the flowers first onto my card base then cut a small rectangle from scrap cardstock to use as a template and traced around it three times to create those three "layers" on the sketch.  And ta-da I was done!

Thanks for stopping by! Check out our challenge at Freshly Made Sketches and play along with us!

Supplies
Stamps:  Abstract Poppies (Rubbernecker)
Paper:  Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Lemon Tart (Papertrey Ink); Poppy Parade, Tangerine Tango (Stampin' Up!); Copic Multiliner

11 comments:

Jacquie Southas said...

Simply CAS perfection, Jen! I am in awe that this is a one layer design.

Linda Callahan said...

Nothing better than a fabulous one layer design - not always easy and you are a pro! I love the sketchiness of it with the splashy flwoers!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the way you've used the colors and the sketch, this is fantastic!

Claire said...

Oh this is stunning Jen - I love it's simplicity!

Heather said...

Oh my goodness, Jen, this is absolutely stunning - so perfectly CAS! A beautiful take on our colors! Thanks so much playing at Sunday Stamps!

Hannelie said...

I LOVE this !

Neets B said...

This is lovely, Jen. Those colours are beautiful and I love the swirl of the flowers against the geometrics. I find sketch challenges the most difficult so I like your thinking here. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Less is More, Anita x

Heidi Baks said...

Wow, this is an incredible single layer card! I love the drawn rectangles to follow the sketch. Really great! Thanks for joining Sunday Stamps this week.

Kim S said...

I just LOVE the look of the loopy flowers with the straight rectangles. The bright colors are just perfect!!

Karren said...

Everytime I see a card you've made with these flowers, I want that stamp! This is no exception. Gorgeous, gorgeous card and such wonderful colours.

Judy Rozema said...

What a cool one layer!! Love what you did. The colors are beautiful!