Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches 477

We've got a new sketch for you at Freshly Made Sketches....and I'm the hostess!  I feel a little bit like a broken record because, once again, my sketch is square (I love those).  But if squares aren't your thing feel free to use a different shape.



The lovely colors at The Paper Players inspired me to use this turnabout stamp from Concord & 9th.  It's gorgeous and gigantic!  Once I've stamped it I can't bring myself to cut off those glorious edges so that it fits into an A2 envelope so I just make proportionately giant cards.  This one is 5 1/2 inches square.  I even dug out my envelope punch board to make an envelope for it! I didn't want to detract from the background too much so the center square on the sketch became a shimmery vellum rectangle on my card to which I added some shimmery letters.  



Thanks so much for stopping by!  As you probably already know my Freshly Made Sketches teammates have made some beautiful cards with my sketch so I hope you are inspired to play along with us!

Supplies
Stamps:  Botanical Turnabout (The Stamp Market); All About You (My Favorite Things)
Paper:  Whisper White, Basic Black (Stampin' Up!); Vellum (Grafix); foil paper (Recollections)
Ink:  Baja Breeze, Wisteria Wonder, Old Olive (Stampin' Up!); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  You Trio die (My Favorite Things)

11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

You knw I love your square sketches! Beautiful card! That turnabout stamp is gorgeous - perfect colors!

Lisa Elton said...

This is so wonderfully wispy and pretty!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Great sketch choice, will have to try my hand at this one. Love your choice of stamp and colours. The shimmery vellum piece really pops. Thanks for inspiring.

lichazul said...

Super pretty card๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ’ congrats
Hugs and blessing from Chile ๐Ÿ˜Š

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a fabulous stamp Jen and I love how the black diagonal and border add real interest and detail to the layout and tie in the graphic sentiment too. Thanks for playing along with my colour challenge over at The Paper Players this week - I made a card yesterday using your sketch so will be linking that up tomorrow!

LeAnne said...

Those turnabout stamps ARE amazing and you've created an amazing card with our colors and these beautiful flowers!! The layout is fabulous and your sentiment is outstanding! Awesome card! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Jen, just wow! This is gorgeous! I love this sketch and those gorgeous blooms! You rocked out color combo! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

Kim S said...

What a beautiful background you created for that fun sentiment! LOVE the soft colors!

Keep It Sweet and Simple said...

Beautiful card - your blooms are so pretty and it's a fabulous colour combo.
xxx

Cรฉcile RIBON said...

I love square sketches and I'm always glad to get the opportunity to create one more square card, Jen. Yours is stunningly beautiful! I love this gorgeous floral backdrop and the soft colors you've chosen.

Judy Rozema said...

This is just gorgeous!!