Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches #480

Ok, full disclosure here.  Today we've got a new sketch challenge debuting at Freshly Made Sketches and Jen Brum is our hostess.  She designed a beautiful sketch with a beautiful curvy layer and I thought I'd try to get a little creative with that curve.  But I veered off...


First I decided that flipping the sketch would be the thing to do, then I decided a slimline card would be fun, then I decided that this skyline somehow mimicked the curvy line on the sketch.  By the time I was done my card bore little resemblance to the sketch but I was too far in to the project to change it.  For the background I sponged on some shades of yellow and orange and thought they might be a sunrise.  And the sentiment fit my emerging new-day theme.  

I wanted to scrap my project because I thought it was too far off from the sketch but my awesome teammates at Freshly Made Sketches encouraged me to post this card and Jen Brum, our hostess, told me to be a rebel and post it.  So here it is!

And at AAA card the challenge is "two quarters" which according to my math is the same as one-half.  I think that my skyline only takes up half of this card so I'm going to throw this up over there as well.


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope that my non-traditional take on the sketch will inspire you to see the sketch in new ways and that you'll play along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Supplies
Stamps:  New Day (Precious Remembrance Shop)
Paper:  Basic Black, Pumpkin Pie (Stampin' Up!); Bristol Smooth
Ink:  Fossilized Amber, Spiced Marmalade (Distress Oxide); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Slim Film City die (Mama Elephant)

9 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Oh yes we encourage free thinking at FMS! We also enjoy late night ramblings on FB...lol...Glad you posted this - I still love it. The yellow is a fabulous backdrop behind your skyline!

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty sky you've given your skyline! Terrific card, Jen!

Jen Brum said...

We're a rebellious group aren't we?! Living on the wild side in the FMS world!!! I love your take on the sketch! It's creative and that skyline is fabulous!

Jane said...

The skyline looks amazing against that stunningly inked up sky. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

A.Rose said...

Beautiful background! Thanks for joining us at AAA Cards.

Karren said...

I'm so glad you posted this because it is a fabulous card and such a clever take on the sketch! And I see that Linda has blamed the late night for our FB ramblings. I'm afraid I didn't have that excuse as it was the middle of the day for me :)

Cécile RIBON said...

I'm totally in love with your take on the sketch! This gorgeous skyline makes such a clever option!

Michelle W said...

Stunning card, thanks for sharing with us at AAA Cards.

patoupassions said...

Envie de voyages!!!!!!

http://patoupassions.over-blog.com