Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Freshly Made Sketches 481

It's time for a great new sketch at Freshly Made Sketches!  This week our hostess is Cécile and her unique sketch had me a bit nervous at first!


But my initial nervousness at all those circles gave way to snowflakes!  It's well documented here that I only like snow when it's on a card so I let a whole lot of snowflakes loose on this card.  I cut them from silver glimmer paper and carefully arranged them in a grid.  The sentiment was embossed in silver.  At the last minute I added a slim silver border to break up the white background a bit.  All that silver was inspired by the color challenge at Christmas Card Throwdown.


Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you can join us at Freshly Made Sketches for our latest challenge!

Supplies
Stamps:  Ways to Say Merry Christmas (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Solar White (Neenah); Silver Foil, Silver Glimmer (Recollections)
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  Let It Snowflake Too die (My Favorite Things); silver embossing powder

12 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

Great idea! I love the bit of silver peeking out!

Nora Noll said...

How fun is this? LOVE those snowflakes!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Lovely card, Jen!

Linda Callahan said...

Well for a gal who doesn't like snow you sure made a pretty card of it! You know I love it!

Rosmarie said...

A wonderful and very elegant card! Love how you combined the sketch with the colors of our 52 Christmas Card Throwdown challenge. Thank you so much for joining in the fun! Rosi x

lichazul said...

Absolutely gorgeous card congrats 👏💐
Hugs from Chile

Jen Brum said...

This card is just gorgeous! I love the snowflakes! They look so elegant against the white background! A beautiful Christmas card!

Amy O said...

These delicate snowflakes are gorgeous! And I love the peek of silver in the frame. Beautiful card, Jen!

Andreja said...

What a beautiful card you made :-))
Thanks for joining us at the 52CCT ❤️

Kim S said...

Your silver shimmery snowflakes are just perfect for this sketch!

Karren said...

You are the Queen of making Christmas cards throughout the year! I am envious of your commitment! Gorgeous card!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a brilliant idea, Jen! Those snowflakes make a perfect take on the circles and they make your card look so peaceful. Love it.