Sunday, April 11, 2021

Mojo Sketch for Mother's Day

By some happy accident I just found that an old favorite sketch challenge of mine, Mojo Monday, is back!  As a new papercrafter, Mojo Monday was one of the first challenges that I played along with regularly as I stretched out my creative wings and I was sad when it retired back in 2017.  But it's back and I'm playing along with the current sketch.



One of the things I always loved about the Mojo sketches were the layers!  They allowed me to get creative with pattern and texture so for this card I dug deep into my patterned paper stash and used a lots of different SU papers.  And in a nod to Julee, the Mojo creator, I used a favorite flower from Verve.  The colors from the latest challenge at The Color Throwdown inspired the floral theme and since Mother's Day will be here before you know it I thought this was a perfect card for that.  And at Tic Tac Toe I managed to squeeze in the first row down - as long as "mother" is a good enough substitute for "mom' LOL! 


Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps:  Dream Big (Verve); Keep It Simple Mother (Papertrey Ink)
Paper:  Desert Storm (Neenah); Old Olive, So Saffron, Cameo Coral, Whisper White, Sweet Pea DSP, Patterns Stack Brights DSP (Stampin' Up!)
Ink:  Cameo Coral, Old Olive (Stampin' Up!); Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories:  Dreamy Leaves die (Verve); Dotted Borders die (Avery Elle)


5 comments:

Lori said...

What a pretty Mother's Day design! This is a perfect uses for the color combination. Thanks for joining us for this week's Color Throwdown!

Susie Moore said...

What a gorgeous Mother's Day card. I absolutely LOVE it! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Throwdown this week!

Lisa Elton said...

And you used those layers beautifully, Jen! This is wonderful card!

Ashwini Rao said...

What a beautiful card! The flower looks lovely, and the pattern papers look charming. Thank you so much for joining us at the Tic Tac Toe challenge!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This post made me smile! So glad you were able to play along, and it always touches my heart to see a little Verve! Such a lovely card.